Series Vol. 5 , 25 May 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Dark matter has been proposed to fulfill the missing mass from Astro-observation. Many theories have been raised to explain dark matter, and weakly interacting massive particles (WIMPs) are one of them. In recent decades, dark matter detection sensitivity has improved significantly. However, solid evidence for their existence has not come yet. This paper outlines some methods for detecting dark matter, including direct detections, collider searches with the ATLAS detector at LHC, and collider searches with CEPC.
Dark Matter, Direct Detection, ATLAS, CEPC.
1. Jungman G, Kamionkowski M, Griest K. Supersymmetric dark matter[J]. Physics Reports, 1996, 267(5-6): 195-373.
2. Liu J, Chen X, Ji X. Current status of direct dark matter detection experiments[J]. Nature Physics, 2017, 13(3): 212-216.
3. Tan A, Xiao M, Cui X, et al. Dark matter results from first 98.7 days of data from the PandaX-II experi-ment[J]. Physical review letters, 2016, 117(12): 121303.
4. Akerib D S, Araújo H M, Bai X, et al. First results from the LUX dark matter experiment at the Sanford Underground Research Facility[J]. Physical review letters, 2014, 112(9): 091303.
5. ATLAS C, Åkesson T, Eerola P, et al. ATLAS Computing: technical design report[J]. 2005.
6. Sigmund P. Particle penetration and radiation effects volume 2[M]//Springer series in solid-state sciences. Springer Heidelberg, 2014, 179.
7. Giagu S. WIMP dark matter searches with the ATLAS detector at the LHC[J]. Frontiers in Physics, 2019, 75.
8. CEPC Study Group. CEPC conceptual design report: Volume 1-accelerator[J]. arXiv preprint arXiv:1809.00285, 2018.
9. CEPC Study Group. CEPC Conceptual Design Report: Volume 2-Physics & Detector[J]. arXiv preprint arXiv:1811.10545, 2018.
10. Cai C, Yu Z H, Zhang H H. CEPC precision of electroweak oblique parameters and weakly interacting dark matter: The fermionic case[J]. Nuclear Physics B, 2017, 921: 181-210.
11. Xiang Q F, Bi X J, Yin P F, et al. Exploring fermionic dark matter via Higgs boson precision measurements at the circular electron positron collider[J]. Physical Review D, 2018, 97(5): 055004.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.