Series Vol. 5 , 25 May 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
With the continuous improvement of science and technology, optimization has become an indispensable and important part of people's lives. Optimization problems also help people find the optimal solution in their lives. It is necessary to mention the practical application of optimization problems in reality. The purpose of the experiment in this paper is mainly to find out whether the optimization problem is far away from people through practical application examples, or whether it is closely related, and to explore whether it helps people's lives. This experiment is a verification of this problem. This experiment mainly uses Python and the gradient descent method to prove the practicality and efficiency of optimization problems. Specifically, it is based on the background of buying a house. The data comes mainly from practical examples of Guangdong, Baoan. The results are also obvious, successfully demonstrating that the practical application of optimization problems can improve people's lives, improve efficiency, and are closely related to people's lives.
Gradient descent, Guangdong, Baoan, Optimization, Real-world application.
1. Kwiatkowski, Robert. “Gradient Descent Algorithm - a Deep Dive.” Medium, Towards Data Science, 13 July 2022, https://towardsdatascience.com/gradient-descent-algorithm-a-deep-dive-cf04e8115f21.
2. Donges, Niklas, et al. “Gradient Descent: An Introduction to 1 of Machine Learning's Most Popular Algorithms.” Built In, https://builtin.com/data-science/gradient-descent.
3. “Optimization Definition & Meaning.” Merriam-Webster, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/optimization.
4. “Calculus Early Transcendentals: Differential & Multi-Variable Calculus for Social Sciences.” Optimization Problems, https://www.sfu.ca/math-coursenotes/Math%20157%20Course%20Notes/sec_Optimization.html.
5. Libretexts. “4.7: Optimization Problems.” Mathematics LibreTexts, Libretexts, 10 Nov. 2020, https://math.libretexts.org/Bookshelves/Calculus/Map%3A_Calculus__Early_Transcendentals_(Stewart)/04%3A_Applications_of_Differentiation/4.07%3A_Optimization_Problems.
6. “Examples of Optimization Problems.” Solver, 25 Feb. 2020, https://www.solver.com/examples-optimization-problems.
7. Birkett, Bruce. “How to Solve Optimization Problems in Calculus.” Matheno.com, 28 Feb. 2019, https://www.matheno.com/blog/how-to-solve-optimization-problems-in-calculus/.
8. Guo, Shuai. “An Introduction to Surrogate Optimization: Intuition, Illustration, Case Study, and the Code.” Medium, Towards Data Science, 26 Jan. 2021, https://towardsdatascience.com/an-introduction-to-surrogate-optimization-intuition-illustration-case-study-and-the-code-5d9364aed51b.
9. Mainkar, Sagar. “Gradient Descent in Python.” Medium, Towards Data Science, 28 Aug. 2018, https://towardsdatascience.com/gradient-descent-in-python-a0d07285742f.
10. “How to Implement a Gradient Descent in Python to Find a Local Minimum ?” GeeksforGeeks, 18 Jan. 2022, https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-implement-a-gradient-descent-in-python-to-find-a-local-minimum/.
11. Bao'an house price, real house price - China house price market, https://m.creprice.cn/district/BA.html?city=sz.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.