Series Vol. 12 , 17 November 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Air suspension is a component that connects wheels and bodies and conducts force and moment by reaction force of air spring gas compression. The air suspension system exhibits notable merits in terms of enhanced driving comfort and stability, coupled with the ability to adjust multiple parameters. Consequently, examining the advantages of air suspension can serve as a theoretical foundation for the selection of automobile suspension systems. Furthermore, elucidating the benefits derived from the utilization of air suspension can facilitate subsequent studies by providing clarity and directness. In this paper, the advantages and disadvantages of air suspension are analyzed, and the semi-active control of air suspension is discussed, different parameters of air suspension can be controlled by the system. The limited adoption of air suspension systems can be predominantly ascribed to the substantial financial investment required for their installation and upkeep, including both higher initial costs and ongoing maintenance expenses. Accordingly, it has better driving comfort and stability than traditional mechanical suspension and can be controlled by the control system. Semi-active control of air suspension may make it closer to ideal performance in actual work by optimization and a combination of new technologies.
electric vehicle, air suspension system, air suspension system application
1. Yu Z S. 2015 Automobile Theory. 5th Edition. Translated by Machinery Industry Press.
2. Xie Z C, Wang H, Wang B J, et al. 2023 Machinery Design and Manufacture, No.386(04):26-33.
3. Shen G W, Chen L Q, An K, et al. 2022 Automotive Practical, Technology, 47(21):91-96.
4. Fu S, Xu Y H, Sun Z B. 2023 Hydraulics & Pneumatics, 47(04): 107-114.
5. Tao J Z. 2005 Journal of Nantong Maritime College (04): 43-46.
6. Yu F, Yan Y, Wu X J. 2017 Bus Technology, (06): 46-47+50.
7. Wang W, Zhong Y M 2913 Automotive Practical Technology, (11): 97-101.
8. Wang W L, Hou Z C, Zou J. 2018 Journal of Automotive Safety and Energy, 9(01): 11-24
9. Cao X C, Zhao J G, Wang W Q. 2022 Construction Machinery Technology and Management, 35(06): 77-79.
10. Zhang D 2012 Development and Simulation Research of Automotive Air Suspension Electronic Control System. Northeast University, 2012
11. Lü Z P, Bi F G, Xu W, et al. 2021 Journal of Vibration and Shock, 40(2): 265-271.
12. Xu M, Huang Q S, Li G. 2021 Machine Tool & Hydraulics, 49(1): 169-174.
13. Li C B. 2023 Agricultural Development and Equipment, (01): 125-127.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.