Series Vol. 10 , 17 November 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Although classical computing has brought great convenience to mankind’s lives, classical computing is facing some problems. Combining computer science, information theory, and quantum mechanics, quantum information has been developed in many fields. Quantum gates can operate quantum bits, the carrier of quantum information, while quantum circuits are composed of quantum gates and quantum bits, showing the logic of operations. This study summarizes the fundamental concepts of quantum informatics: qubits, quantum circuits, and quantum gates where it is proved that single-bit quantum gates and CNOT gates are universal quantum gates. In addition, this research also demonstrates the current progress of quantum gates in the examination of fidelity of quantum gates, improvement of fidelity of quantum gates, and teleportation of quantum gates. Meanwhile, according to the current development status, the limits and prospects of quantum information are discussed. These results shed light on helping readers understand the basic concepts of quantum information, thus understand the future applications and developments in quantum information.
Quantum Bits, Quantum Circuits, Quantum Gates, Universal Quantum Gates, Teleportation Of Quantum Gates
1. Benenti G 2011 Principles of Quantum Computation and Information Science Press.
2. Wang X and Pan J 2022 2022 Nobel Prize in Physics: Quantum Entanglement Science Foundation in China 36(06) pp. 928-930.
3. Qin J 2019 Research on Quantum Teleportation and its Route Optimization Hubei University of Technology.
4. Feynman R P 1982 Simulating physics with computers Int J Theor Phys 21 pp. 467–488.
5. Feynman R P 1986 Quantum mechanical computers Found Phys 16 pp. 507–531.
6. Liang Y C, Yeh Y H, Mendonca P E M F et al 2019 Quantum fidelity measures for mixed states. Reports on Progress in Physics.
7. Xu Y, Chu J, Yuan J et al. 2020 High-Fidelity, High-Scalability Two-Qubit Gate Scheme for Superconducting Qubits Physical Review Letters 125(24) 240503.
8. Zhang R 2022 Experiment Research on Efficient Quantum State and the Quantum Gate Certification University of science and technology of China.
9. Ling H 2016 The Time Optimization of Dynamically Error-corrected Quantum Gates and Experimental Verification. East China Normal University.
10. Zhang X 2019 Research of Quantum Gate Teleportation and its Fidelity. Zhejiang University.
11. Nakahara M 2008 Quantum Computing: From Linear Algebra to Physical Realizations CRC Press.
12. Chen H 2006 A Brief Introduction of Quantum Information and Quantum Computin Nanjing: Southeast University Press.
13. Zhang Y and Guo G 2000 Quantum computer Science 52(6) pp. 6-9.
14. Wu N, Song F, and Li X 2016 Universal Quantum computer: Theory, composition and implementation Chinese Journal of Computerss 39(12) pp. 2429-2445.
15. Davisson C and Germer L H 1927 Diffraction of Electrons by a Crystal of Nickel. Phys. Rev., 30(6) pp. 705-740.
16. Wheeler J A 1978 The “Past” and the “Delayed-Choice” Double-Slit Experiment. MARLOW A R. Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Theory. Academic Press, 1978, pp. 9-48.
17. Yin J, Cao Y, Li Y H, et al 2017 Satellite-based entanglement distribution over 1200 kilometers Science 356(6343) pp. 1140-1144.
18. Barenco A, Bennett C H, Cleve R et al 1995 Elementary gates for quantum computation Physical Review A 52(5) pp. 3457-3467.
19. Chu J 2020 Adiabatic Two-Qubit Gates in Superconducting Circuits Nanjing University.
20. Chou K S, Blumoff J Z, Wang C S et al 2018 Deterministic teleportation of a quantum gate between two logical qubits Nature 561(7723) pp. 368-373.
21. Li X, Fu X, Yan F, et al. 2022 Current status and future development of quantum computation Engineering Science 24(4) pp. 133-144.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.