Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Greek yogurt has become increasingly popular among consumers in recent years because of its high protein and low fat properties. There are two main processes for the production of Greek yogurt, i.e. whey filtration process and non-whey filtration process. The whey filtration process is to separate the whey from the regular yogurt; the non-whey filtration process is to add whey protein to the regular yogurt to increase the protein content of the yogurt. In China, due to the short time of developing Greek yogurt, the utilization efficiency of whey is not high, so the production is still mainly based on non-filtered whey process. At this stage, many companies have developed various flavors of Greek yogurt to meet the consumers' demand for different flavors and tastes of Greek yogurt. In this paper, by comparing the raw material ratios and processes of plain Greek yogurt with fruit flavored Greek yogurt, rose flavored Greek yogurt and chia seed Greek yogurt, the results obtained show that the added flavor additives have a small effect on the raw material ratios of Greek yogurt production, and the nature of the added flavor additives will have an effect on the time they are added in the production, resulting in a product with uniform texture and smooth taste.
Greek yoghurt, production process, flavor additives
1. Yanwei Cui, Yun Zhang, Hongyan Fu, Jing Yao, Xin Wang. Development and research of high protein yoghurt[J]. China Food Additives,2022,33(08):142-146.
2. Bobo Wu, Wenyou Liu, Weili Zhang. Preparation of Greek Yoghurt[J].Journal of Dairy Science and Technology,2012,35(04):25-28.
3. Rongkun Ma, Wangming Li. Study on process optimization of Chia seed Greek-style yoghurt[J]. Journal of Food Safety and Quality,2022,13(02):388-394.
4. Ce Feng. Spotlight on China's yogurt market How much more fame can bloom[J]. Dairy and Humankind. 2021(03):12-21
5. Weiying Su et al. Study on the Process of Fruity Greek Yoghurt[J]. Anhui Agri.Sci,2018,24(02):95-97+124.
6. Jie Liu, Zhumao Jiang, Baoyu Yang, Jing Shan, Chunmei Ai, Yanjun Zhao, Tengteng Wang. Study on rose Greek yoghurt processing[J]. China Food Additives,2018,No.168(02):161-165.
7. Li Li, Liqing Gong. Nutritional value of cheese and its health effects[C]//Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Nutrition Society. Proceedings of the 6th Academic Conference on Nutrition and Health in Western China. [publisher unknown], 2011:8.
8. Jiali Ma, Huixia Lu, Xiaoxue Miao. Research progress on separation and purification of whey protein based on membrane technology[J]. Chemical Industry and Engineering Progress,2022,41(06):2826-2838.
9. Lifeng Liu. Application of whey protein in sports nutrition [J]. Journal of Food Safety and Quality,2020,11(21):7740-7745.
10. Yan Wang, Yuchun Chen, Chang Wang, Tingting Chen, Bo Wu, Xuyong Chen, Xinqi Chen, Jun Zhang. Functional characteristics of whey protein and its application in dairy production [J]. Introduction to Food Safety,2021(18):40-42.
11. Zeshan Chen. Functional characteristics analysis of whey protein and its application in dairy products[J]. Journal of Food Safety, 2021 (30): 186-187.
12. Yuhong Yang, Huajie Zhang, Xin Wang, Zhandong Wang. Production technology and development status of High-protein yoghurt.
13. Li Fu, Yini Liu, Danya Chen, Xiaolin Shen. Effect of Whey Protein Powder on the Quality of Solidified Yoghurt[J]. 2020,41(13):39-45.
14. Weili Deng, Xiaoxuan Qu, Jinwei Sun, Hongyan Kang. Research process on the Greek Yoghurt Technology and Whey Utilization[J]. Food and Fermentation Science & Technology. 2018,54(05):75-79.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.