Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
People are always amazed by the crunchiness of a great cookie or cupcake. What are the substances involved? The author discovered a chemical dubbed "trans-fat" in the nutrition table while browsing it. We discovered that trans-fat is formed by hydrogenated vegetable oil through data collection. Hydrogenated vegetable oil is extensively used in foods such as cream, biscuits, and ice cream. People taste and appreciate the food at the same time. People are wondering about whether these butter goods are beneficial to their bodies and how much they should eat on a daily basis when they taste the cuisine. This research using a literature review examines how hydrogenated vegetable oil is produced and used, as well as how it affects the human body. This study uses the strengths of previous authors' work to determine how to lower the trans fatty acid content of hydrogenated vegetable oil products and how much trans fatty acid-containing hydrogenated vegetable oil products should be consumed daily.
hydrogenated vegetable oil, trans-fatty acids, vegetable butter, reaction mechanism of hydrogenation
1. Chang yunhe, Feng hongxia. Study on hydrogenation of soybean oil by high pressure hydrogenation [A]. Guiyang Guiyang University, 2019, 05b-0001-04.
2. Zhou xiaoli, Liu xiaoyan, Ma lizhi. Study on hydrogenation of soybean oil by high pressure hydrogenation [A]. Guiyang Guiyang University, 2019, 5.
3. Gu tingting, Song huanling. The research progress of oil hydrogenation catalyst [J]. Green Chemistry Review, 2020, 6.
4. Chou lingjun. The research progress of oil hydrogenation catalyst [J]. Modern Chemical Industry, 2020, 6.
5. Mechanisms of Action of trans Fatty Acids, 2020. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31782488/
6. Hou kaizong. The Research of Vegetable Butter [J] Modern Chemical Industry, 2006, 36.
7. Feng yuhong. Study on hydrogenation of soybean oil by high pressure hydrogenation [J]. Research Institute of Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co. LTD, 2019, 5.
8. Yang wenping, Chen dongli. Is butter or margarine Healthier? 2022. Butter vs. margarine: Which is most healthful? (medicalnewstoday.com)
9. Fang yuming, Liu zengwu, Han wei. Research status and development trend of margarine [A]. Animal Husbandry and Feed Science, 2010, 84-85.
10. Li tao, Zhao ming. Hydrogenated vegetable oils are not equal to trans fatty acids [J]. China Food Quality News, 2010.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.