Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Heart Failure (HF) is one of the major causes of death from various heart diseases and is a common complex clinical syndrome. HF has a high incidence and its 5-year survival rate is similar to that of patients with malignant tumors, which has a serious impact on the quality of life of patients and has become a major public health problem of worldwide concern. At this stage, the clinical treatment of HF is still mainly based on drug therapy. As clinical research progresses, more and more new HF therapeutic drugs are being introduced one after another, new uses of drugs are being discovered and clinical options for drug use are becoming more and more diverse. The drug therapy for HF is also changing from monotherapy to multi-target and multi-mechanism combined mode of action. Innovative mechanical therapy products are also bringing new strategies to the treatment of HF. This article reviews the medication treatment and device implantation strategies for the clinical treatment of HF.
heart failure, medication, device treatment
1. BEIJING HYPERTENSION ASSOCIATION, BEIJING DIABETES PREVENTION AND TREATMENT ASSOCIATION, BEIJING RESEARCH FOR CHRONIC DISEASES CONTROL AND HEALTH EDUCATION. Practice Guidelines for Comprehensive Management of Primary Cardiovascular Disease 2020[J]. Chinese Journal of Frontiers in Medicine (electronic version), 2020, 12(8):1-73.
2. Lanfear DE, Hasan R, Gupta RC, et al. Short term effects of milrione on biomarkers in severe HF[J]. Circulation, 2008, 118:S723.
3. Tan S. Analysis of clinical effect of applying diuretics for chronic HF [J]. China Modern Drug Application, 2016, 10(8):175-176.
4. CIBIS-II Investigators and Committees. The cardiac insufficiency bisoprolol study II(CIBIS一II):a randomised trial[J]. Lancet, 1999, 353(9146):9-12.
5. Authors N. Randomized placebe-controlled trial of carvedilol in patients with congestive HF due to lschemic heart disease[J]. Lancet, 1997, 349(9049):375—380.
6. Konstam MA, Neaton JD, Poole-Wilson PA, et al. Comparison of losartan and captopril on HF-related outcomes and symptoms from the losartan HF survival study(ELITE II). Am Heart J, 2005, 150(1):123-131.
7. Krum H, Massie B, Abraham WT, et al. Direct reinin inhibition in addition to or as an alternative to angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition in patients with chronic systolic HF:rationale and design of the Aliskiren trial to minimize outcomes in patients with HF(ATMOSPHERE)study[J]. Eur J Heart Fail, 2011, 13(1):107-114.
8. The RALES inestigators. Effectiveness of spironolactone added to an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and a loop diuretic for severe chronic HF[J]. Am J Cardiol, 1996, 78(8):902-907.
9. Li K. Observation on the effect of enalapril combined with spironolactone in the treatment of chronic HF [J]. Heilongjiang Science, 2022, 13(2):104-105.
10. Publication Committee for the VMAC Investigators(Vasodilatation in the Management of Acute CHF). Intravenous nesiritide vs nitroglycerin for treatment of decompensated congestive HF:a randomized controlled trial[J]. JAMA, 2002, 287(12):1531-1540.
11. Adams KF Jr, Fonarow GC, Emerman CL, et al. Characteristics and outcomes of patients hospitalized for HF in the United States:rationale, design, and preliminary observations from the first 100, 000 cases in the Acute Decompensated HF National Registry(ADHERE). Am Heart J, 2005, 149(2):209-216.
12. Wu Y,Sun Y,Wang J. Progress of angiotensin receptor-enkephalinase inhibitors in the treatment of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction[J]. Heart J. 2022(01):103-107.
13. TROMP J, OUWERKERK W, VAN VELDHUISEN DJ, et al. A systematic review and network meta-analysis of pharmacological treatment of HF with reduced ejection fraction[J]. HF, 2022, 10 (2):73-84.
14. Armstrong PW, Pieske B, Anstrom KJ, et al. Vericiguat in patients with HF and reduced ejection fraction[J]. N Engl J Med, 2020, 382(20):1883-1893.
15. HEIDENREICH P A, BOZKURT B, AGUILAR D, et al. 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA guideline for the management of HF：a report of the American college of cardiology/American heart association joint committee on clinical practice guidelines[J/OL]. Circulation, 2022, 145(18)：e895-e1032.
16. HUANG W, SU L, WU S, et al. Long term outcomes of His bundle pacing in patients with HF with left bundle branch block[J]. Heart, 2019, 105(2)：137-143.
17. BIFFI M, ASPROMONTE N, BONGIORNI M G, et al. Cardiac contractility modulation in HF with reduced ejection fraction：critical review of evidence and application perspectives[J]. Ital Cardiol (Rome), 2021, 22(9)：727-741.
18. Yu CM,Chan JYS,Zhang Q,et al.Impact of cardiac contractility modulation on left ventricular global and regional function and remodeling[J].JACC:Cardiovascular Imaging,2009,2(12):1341-1349．
19. ZHOU S, EGOROVA N, MOSKOWITZ G, et al. Trends in Mitra Clip, mitral valve repair, and mitral valve replacement from 2000 to 2016[J]. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 2021, 162(2)：551-562.
20. SCHNITZLER K, HELL M, GEYER M, et al. Complications following Mitra Clip implantation[J]. Curr Cardiol Rep, 2021, 23(9)：131.
21. Guimaraes L,Bergeron S,Bernier M,et al.Interatrial shunt with the second generation V-Wave system for patients with advanced chronic heart failure[J].Euro Intervention,2020,15(16):1 426.
22. YI T, LI M, FAN F, et al. Haemodynamic changes ofinteratrial shunting devicesforheartfailure：a systematic review and meta-analysis[J]. ESC Heart Fail, 2022, 9(3)：1987-1995..
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.