Series Vol. 5 , 25 May 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In recent years, the role of big data technology in various industries has become increasingly prominent. With the rise of the pet trend, the pet medical industry has been developing rapidly. However, the current application of big data in the pet medical industry is single and elementary. This study aims to improve the current situation of big data technology in the pet medical industry and build a pet medical information management system supported by Spark computing framework, HDFS, and HBase. This study uses descriptive research method and comparative analysis method to prove that big data analysis based on Spark framework can greatly improve the efficiency of treatment and reduce the time cost. The information management system based on Spark framework can realize the rapid storage and calculation of massive data, reduce the technical threshold of data application area in pet medical industry, and help to promote the accelerated development of big data industry and pet medical industry.
Spark, Big Data, Pet Medicine, Database, Information Management System.
1. LI Huibo, LIU Haitao & WU Yiping.(2022). Practice of Smart Management Platform Based on Big Data Construction at Hospital. Chinese Journal of Health Informatics and Management (01),110-115.
2. Wu Liping, Chen Penggang & Zeng Jihui.( 2016). Exploring the application of big data in pet healthcare. Animal Health(2),42-43.
3. Rajendran, S., Khalaf, O. I., Alotaibi, Y., & Alghamdi, S. (2021). MapReduce-based big data classification model using feature subset selection and hyperparameter tuned deep belief network. Scientific Reports, 11(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-03019-y.
4. Basha, S. A. K., Basha, S. M., Vincent, D. R., & Rajput, D. S. (2019). Master–slave architecture of Hadoop [Figure]. Challenges in Storing and Processing Big Data Using Hadoop and Spark. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-816718-2.00018-x.
5. Quan Zhao Heng, Li Jia Di. (2019). From Hadoop to Spark Technology Innovation. Computer Knowledge and Technology15(8),265-268.
6. Kadkhodaei, H., Eftekhari Moghadam, A. M., & Dehghan, M. (2021). Big data classification using heterogeneous ensemble classifiers in Apache Spark based on MapReduce paradigm. Expert Systems with Applications, 183, 115369. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2021.115369.
7. Li, J., Zhang, C., Zhang, J., Qin, X., & Hu, L. (2022). MiCS-P:Parallel mutual-information computation of big categorical data on spark. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 161, 118–129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2021.12.002.
8. Bedi, J., & Toshniwal, D. (2022). Spark architecture [Figure]. Spark Map Reduce Based Framework for Seismic Facies Classification. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jappgeo.2022.104762.
9. ZHU Chengzhang, LIU Zixi, LI Wenjing, XIAO Yalong & WANG Han.(2022). Research Review of Distributed Medical Big Data Storage Scheme. Software Guide (04),7-12.
10. Xie Fanghua, Meng Ge, Bao Xijun. (2016). A discussion of issues related to big data in pet healthcare. ZHONGGUO GONGZUO QUANYE (12),47-50.
11. Wen Yanqi. (2017).Research and Implementation of Performance Modeling and Optimization Technology of Spark Computing Framework (Master's thesis, XIDIAN UNIVERSITY). https://kns.cnki.net/KCMS/detail/detail.aspx?dbname=CMFD201801&filename=1017301815.nh.
12. Apache HBase – Apache HBaseTM Home (2022, August 6). The Apache Software Foundation. Retrieved August 7, 2022, from https://hbase.apache.org/.
13. Ji Yimu, Zhang Ning, Yao Haichang, Li Kui, Li Hang, Liu Shangdong & Wang Ruchuan.(2019). HOS:design and implementation of distributed storage system based on HBase. Journal of Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications (Natural Science Edition) (05),63-71. doi:10.14132/j.cnki.1673-5439.2019.05.009.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.