Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Protein is an essential part of food and makes a large contribution to the nutritional value of food. This paper evaluates protein by finding out the impact of different cooking methods on protein, and the influence of protein properties on the choice of cooking method. The results of this paper indicate that deep-frying maximizes the nutritional value of sturgeon. Cooking time and temperature have an impact on protein denaturation and nutritional value. Controlling heating time and temperature precisely can maximize retention of the color, flavor, and aroma of food. Using low-temperature vacuum cooking can reduce the loss of nutrients and moisture and also prevent secondary contamination. Different processes before cooking, such as basting, can not only increase the nutritional value but also enhance the flavor. The analysis can provide detailed information about the protein value and know what is the best way to cook sturgeon. It also provides a better understanding of the choice of cooking method and how to handle the food before cooking.
protein, heating time, heating temperature, protein denaturation, cooking method
1. GUO Siya, JIANG Meiling, ZHANG Yin, et al. Effect of curing technology on texture characteristics of sturgeon jerky [J]. Food Research and Development, 2019, 40(14): 75-80
2. TIAN Qiying. Study on processing technology of delicious sturgeon meat [J]. Chinese Condiment, 2015, 40(3): 64-65, 69
3. BALDWIN D E. Sous vide cooking: a review[J]. International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science, 2012, 1(1): 15-30.
4. NIEVAECHEVARRIA B, MANZANOS M J, GOICOECHE A E, et al. Changes provoked by boiling, steaming and sous-vide cooking in the lipid and volatile profile of European sea bass[J]. Food Research International, 2017, 99: 630-640.
5. ROLDAN M, ANTEQUERA T, AREMNTEROS M, et al. Effect of different temperature-time combinations on lipid and protein oxidation of sous-vide cooked lamb loins[J]. Food Chemistry, 2014, 149: 129-136.
6. KUMARI N, SINGH C B, KUMAR R, et al. Development of Pangasius steaks by improved sous-vide, technology and its process optimization[J]. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2016, 53(11): 1-7.
7. ZHU Long. Comparison of sensory evaluation and nutritional value of fish and crabs under different steaming methods [D]. Wuxi: Jiangnan University, 2017
8. ZHANG Dan. Analysis and evaluation of nutritional characteristics of Trionyx sinensis [D]. Shanghai: Shanghai Ocean University, 2015
9. CHEN Lili, ZHANG Shufeng, YUAN Meilan, et al. Effects of different cooking methods on volatile flavor compounds of crispy grass carp [J]. Chinese Condiment, 2019, 44(12): 78-84
10. ZHENG Ping’an, HUANG Jian, SUN Jing, et al. Analysis of volatile components in chub mackerel meat before and after heating by HS-SPME and GC-MS [J]. Food Science, 2012, 14: 242-246
11. NIEVAECHEVARRIA B, MANZANOS M J, GOICOECHE A E, et al. Changes provoked by boiling, steaming and sous-vide cooking in the lipid and volatile profile of European sea bass[J]. Food Research International, 2017, 99: 630-640.
12. SHAHIDI F, ZHONG Y. Lipid oxidation and improving the oxidative stability[J]. Chemical Society Reviews, 2010, 39(11): 4067-4079.
13. ADEYEMI K D, SABOW A B, SHITTU R M, et al. Impact of chill storage on antioxidant status, lipid and protein oxidation, color, drip loss and fatty acids of semimembranosus muscle in goats[J]. CyTAJournal of Food, 2016, 14(5): 1-10.
14. SOLADOYE O P, JUÁREZ M L, AALHUS J L, et al. Protein oxidation in processed meat: mechanisms and potential implications on human health[J]. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 2015, 14(2): 106-122.
15. Zhu Nengjun. Study on the influence of protein properties on cooking technology[J]. Career,2008(20):116-117.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.