Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
With the increasing aging population and prevalence of chronic diseases, the demand for vital signs monitoring is becoming more and more crucial. Pulse wave, blood oxygen, and respiratory wave are the three fundamental vital sign indicators that can provide essential health information and play a critical role in disease diagnosis and treatment. Therefore, it is increasingly important to utilize digital signal processing techniques to accurately monitor and analyze these vital signs. This paper talks about the how to measure the signal of the cardiopulmonary system with the digital devices and how to use the MATLAB to analyze the date to give a perspective about monitoring the health information.
respiratory wave, pulse wave, blood oxygen, digital signal processing, mind-body vital sign monitoring
1. Lu, K., Clark Jr., Ghorbel, F. H., Ware, D. L. and Bidani, A. A human cardiopulmonary system model applied to the analysis of the Valsalva maneuver, POST ON (2001). https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpheart.2001.281.6.H2661 01 DEC 2001.
2. Raghu Ram M., Venu Madhav K., Hari Krishna E., Nagarjuna Reddy Komalla; K. Ashoka Reddy, A Novel Approach for Motion Artifact Reduction in PPG Signals Based on AS-LMS Adaptive Filter, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Volume: 61, Issue: 5, May (2012).
3. Dr. Shozo Shibata, Dual-Wavelength Spectrophotometry, November (1976), POST ON, https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.197606731.
4. Werner Mäntele, Erhan Deniz, UV–VIS absorption spectroscopy: Lambert-Beer reloaded, POST ON https://doi.org/10.1016/j.saa.2016.09.037.
5. Adrian Dobroiu, Yusuke Shirakawa, Safumi Suzuki, Masahiro AsadaandHiroshi Ito, Subcarrier Frequency-Modulated Continuous-Wave Radar in the Terahertz Range Based on a Resonant-Tunneling-Diode Oscillator, Sensors 2020, 20(23), 6848; https://doi.org/10.3390/s20236848, Received: 14 October (2020).
6. Wei Hu; Zhangyan Zhao; Yunfeng Wang; Haiying Zhang; Fujiang Lin, Noncontact Accurate Measurement of Cardiopulmonary Activity Using a Compact Quadrature Doppler Radar Sensor, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Volume: 61, Issue: 3, March (2014).
7. Patia Bhubaneswar, A Real Time Analysis of PPG Signal for Measurement of SpO2 and Pulse Rate by Sangeeta Bagha Silicon Institute of Technology Silicon Hills, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887), Volume 36, No.11, December (2011).
8. Daniel Álvarez; Roberto Hornero; J. Victor Marcos; Felix del Campo, Multivariate Analysis of Blood Oxygen Saturation Recordings in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Diagnosis, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Volume: 57, Issue: 12, December (2010).
9. Gino Soldati, Marcello Demi, Andrea Smargiassi, Riccardo Inchingolo & Libertario Demi, The role of ultrasound lung artifacts in the diagnosis of respiratory diseases by Department of Informati published in Expert Review of Respiratory Medicine, Jan 10, (2019).
10. Huirong Tao, Jindong Zhang, Jiu-li Cui, Analysis and research on the change of characteristic parameters with age based on PPG signal, Seventh Asia Pacific Conference on Optics Manufacture and 2021 International Forum of Young Scientists on Advanced Optical Manufacturing (APCOM and YSAOM 2021), Hong Kong, 15 February (2022).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.