Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Food production is an important factor in causing environmental pollution, and the processing of food contamination information data, classification, and ultimately rating of the degree of food contamination is an important way to recognize food contamination. Rating the environmental friendliness of food can help people to choose more environmentally friendly food in their daily life and allow companies, scholars, and research organizations to recognize which food can be reduced by technological advances. This study focuses on the contamination rating of foods that are most referenced to help scholars and people understand the environmental contamination capabilities of different foods. This study focuses on the different foods in the Kaggle data, and their contamination aspects of the data were processed. The study began with the classification of foods. This study uses data from Kaggle on various environmental pollutants of food. It uses the linear regression model in the R Studio to select the most suitable pollution objects for evaluation. Finally, this study scored different foods according to different contamination aspects and obtained the following results: 1) detailed food scoring graphs, 2) animal-based food has a greater total contamination capacity than plant-based food.
environmental pollution, food production, linear regression.
1. Gaoming Jiang. Do you know how to produce the food you eat? China Academy of Sciences, 2021.
2. Xuxia Wang, Hongmei Shang. Pollution problems and preventive measures in apple production. Agricultural Planting Network, 2021.
3. Sandra Quijas, Patricia Balvanera. Biodiversity and ecosystem services. Science Direct, 2013.
4. Puja Mondal. Types of Environmental Impacts: Direct, Indirect, Cumulative, Induced Impact. Moi University, 2012.
5. Christina Hartmann, GiannA Lazzarini, Angela Funk, Michael Siegrist. Measuring consumers’ knowledge of the environmental impact of foods. 2021.
6. Palaniappa Krishnan. Environmental Impact of Food Production and Consumption. Bioresources Engineering Department, University of Delaware, 2018.
7. Hannah Ritchie, Max Roser. Environmental impact of food production. Oxford Martin School, University of Oxford, 2022.
8. Jiawen Dan. Scientific and technologies progress is an important means to solve ecological and environmental problems. Hunan Polytechnic of Environment and Biology, 2019.
9. Wanming Hu. Research on environmental pollution control technology in food production. Food Safety Guide, 2020.
10. UN News. Food systems account for over one-third of global greenhouse has emissions. United Nations, 2021.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.