Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Coffee especially cold brew coffee is widely popular around the world, so people have conducted deep research on how to make a cup of coffee. This paper studies the types of coffee beans, the chemical composition of coffee beans, the roasting degree of coffee beans and the extraction technology. Among them, there are a lot of biochemistry reactions such as Maillard and Caramel reaction. Moreover the extraction technology focuses on the cold extraction technology, which is compared with the hot extraction technology in the content of flavor substances. In addition, the flavoring substances are matched with their aroma to compare the flavor differences between hot brew and cold brew coffee. Finally, the adjustable influencing factors in the cold extraction technology were studied and summarized to provide theoretical reference and practical guidance for the flavor improvement and industrial production of cold brew coffee. Furthermore, there will emerge other problems of coffee producing which will be issues to solve in the future.
cold brew coffee, extraction parameters, flavor substances, influence factors
1. He Qiting. Chemical Journey of Coffee Beans [J/OL]. University Chemistry: 1-9 [2013-03-07] http://kns.cnki.net/kcms/detail/11.1815.O6.20230117.1316.001.html
2. A long night's drink. Arabica coffee is like your world's fragrance [J]. Fortune Life, 2018 (13): 64-71
3. Nicola D'Amelio et al. Green coffee oil analysis by high-resolution nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy[J]. Talanta, 2013, 110: 118-127.
4. Yu Ting Research on the key technology of cold-extracted coffee production [D]. Shandong Agricultural University, 2022. DOI: 10.27277/d.cnki.gsdnu.2022.000867
5. BELLUMORI M, ANGELONI G, GUERRINI L,et al.Effects of different stabilization techniques on the shelf life of cold brew coffee:Chemical composition,flavor profile and microbiological analysis[J].LWT-Food Science and Technology,2021,142:111043.
6. Chen Zhongna, Xie Yanchun, Xie Xinyan. Aroma analysis of cold and hot extraction of Arabica coffee in Yunnan [J]. Beverage Industry, 2019, 22 (03): 44-52
7. Giulia Angeloni et al. What kind of coffee do you drink? An investigation on effects of eight different extraction methods[J]. Food Research International, 2018, 116: 1327-1335.
8. Nancy Cordoba et al. Effect of grinding, extraction time and type of coffee on the physicochemical and flavour characteristics of cold brew coffee[J]. Scientific Reports, 2019, 9(1): 1-12.
9. Portela Claudimara da Silva et al. Brewing conditions impact on the composition and characteristics of cold brew Arabica and Robusta coffee beverages[J]. LWT, 2021, 143
10. Jiang Tianning Study on the influence of baking degree and water quality on the quality of cold coffee [D]. Shanghai University of Applied Technology, 2021.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.