Series Vol. 2 , 20 February 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Contemporarily, quantum hall effect (QHE), as the quantum version of classic Hall effect, represented a turning point in the understanding of material physics, metrology, high energy physics, astrophysics. In the category of QHE, there are plenty of sub-types including fractional QHE (FQHE), anomalous QHE (QAHE), spin QHE (SPHE) etc. This paper will mainly focus on the latest progress and the state-of-art applications regarding to QHE. To be specific, a brief introduction of the principle of Hall effect and the differences among different types will be introduced. Afterwards, the applications will be discussed and demonstrated. Overall, these results would provide the audience a general view on QHE, and some recent applications regards it, which shed light on guiding further exploration for QHE.
Quantum Anomalous Hall effect, Quantum Hall Effect, Quantum Spin Hall effect
1. von Klitzing K, Chakraborty T, Kim P, et al. 40 years of the quantum Hall effect[J]. Nature Reviews Physics, 2020, 2(8): 397-401.
2. The Nobel Prize in Physics 1985. NobelPrize.org. Nobel Prize Outreach AB 2022. Fri. 24 Jun 2022. https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/physics/1985/summary/
3. Liu C X, Zhang S C, Qi X L. The quantum anomalous Hall effect: Theory and experiment[J]. Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics, 2016, 7: 301-321.
4. Information on:https://physicstoday.scitation.org/action/showCitFormats?type=show&doi=10.1063/PT.5.7309
5. The Hall effect and its applications[M]. Springer Science & Business Media, 2013: 01-02
6. Information on: https://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/tong/qhe/qhe.pdf
7. Dyakonov, M., and V. I. Perel, 1971b, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 13, 657. Edelstein, V. M., 1990, Solid State Commun. 73, 233.
8. Nagaosa N, Sinova J, Onoda S, et al. Anomalous hall effect [J]. Reviews of modern physics, 2010, 82(2): 1539.
9. Tang, F. et al. Three-dimensional quantum Hall effect and metal–insulator transition in ZrTe5[J]. Nature 569, 537–541 (2019).
10. Price H M, Zilberberg O, Ozawa T, et al. Four-dimensional quantum Hall effect with ultracold atoms[J]. Physical review letters, 2015, 115(19): 195303.
11. Mittal S, Orre V V, Leykam D, et al. Photonic anomalous quantum Hall effect[J]. Physical review letters, 2019, 123(4): 043201.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.