Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In recent decades, with the help of computer brain imaging technology and other advanced science and technology, a wealth of research achievements has been made in brain science related to games. These achievements explain the deep mechanism of games and provide scientific theoretical basis for the application of games. This paper analyses the effects of games on the brain. On the one hand, it focuses on the analysis and discussion of the positive effects on the brain in four aspects, including games make the brain excited, become more intelligent, improve agility skills, and improve observation. On the other hand, it summarizes the negative effects of excessive games on the brain, including the structural changes of the brain, mental malaise and brain stunting. In the end, the paper summarizes and summarizes the full text.
game, brain, positive, negative, effect
1. Jiang Q. Brain Response Characteristics of first and second rewards in online game addicts. Zhejiang Nor. Univ., 2022.000133.
2. Susan Greenfield. "Mind Shifts: How Social Networks, Games, and Search Engines Affect Brain Cognition". Urban Party Newspaper Res.,2022,117(02):95-96.
3. Liyi. Based on the action class the brain working load of the real-time strategy game research. Univ. Elec. Sci. Tech., 2021. 003908.
4. Zhao Zhen, Jiang Qing, Dong Guangheng. Abnormal cortical volume in online game addicts: The mediating effect of online game addiction degree on the relationship between loneliness and cerebral cortex volume, Chinese Psychological Society., 2019:2
5. Wang Ziliang, Dong Guangheng. Study on abnormal cortical thickness of online game Addicts: A comparison with online game entertainment users, Chinese Psychological Society. 2017:2.
6. Qiu Xianxin, Han Xu, Wang Yao et al. Changes in the rich club Structure of brain function network in people with online gaming disorder. Chinese J. Spectro.,202,39(03):258-266.
7. Li Hui, Wang Lingxiao, Du Xiaoxia, et al. A comparative study of Brain Functional Networks between online game addicts and Online game Entertainment users. Chinese Psychological Society.,2017:3.
8. Wei P, Gao X, Shi S , et al. Spontaneous Brain Activity Did Not Show the Effect of Violent Video Games on Aggression: A Resting-State fMRI Study. Front Psychol, 2018, 8:2219.
9. Erfani M, El-Nasr M S, Milam D, et al. The Effect of Age, Gender, and Previous Gaming Experience on Game Play Performance. Chinese J. Spectro, 2010.
10. Adeyemi B A, Ajibade Y A . The Comparative Effects of Simulation Games and Brainstorming Instructional Strategies on Junior Secondary School Students' Achievement in Social Studies in Nigeria. African Research Review, 2011, 5(3).
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.