Series Vol. 6 , 03 August 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
As the largest freshwater lake and the largest connecting lake in the Yangtze River basin, Poyang Lake stores abundant water resources, and undertakes multiple ecological functions. The water pollution of Poyang Lake is related to the ecological environment of the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River, and also affects the regional economic and social development. After sorting out and summarising other literatures, we analysed the main pollutants in Poyang Lake. The discharge of some industrial waste and frequent human activities are the main reasons for the increase of total phosphorus nitrogen, heavy metal pollutants and microplastic pollutants in Poyang Lake.
Poyang Lake, water pollution source, heavy metal pollution, total phosphorus and nitrogen index, microplastics
1. More than 10 industrial park wastewater treatment plants will be built around Poyang Lake
2. Yao Pengcheng, Shen Yuewei, Zhang Zidong, Zheng Cheng, Song Ting, Shen Wenying, Study on the effects of rural domestic sewage on river water quality and its biological treatment, 2013
3. Liu Jiawei, Yang Mingsheng, Evaluation and analysis of heavy metal pollution in Poyang Lake Basin 2021
4. Sheng Wentao, Ouyang Xiaojun, Nitrogen and Phosphorus pollution Characteristics of five rivers entering Poyang Lake, 2021
5. Tang Guohua, Lin Yuru, Hu Zhenpeng, Wang Shigang, Characteristics of nitrogen and phosphorus pollutants distribution, transfer and reduction in Poyang Lake Area, 2017
6. Li Zheng, Zhang Boxin, Lu Hongbin, occurrence and ecological risk assessment of heavy metal pollution in surface sediments of Poyang Lake, China, 2023
7. Li Cong-yang, SHi Chen-fei, FANG Jia-qi, ZHANG Shi-wei, WANG Xuan, XIN Yue, LlU Hua-ji, LlU Jin-e Spatio-Temporal Distribution Characteristics of Nitrogen and Phosphorus in the Typical Inflow River of Taihu Lake
8. XIE Hui-yu, HU Mei, Jl Xiao-yan, CAO Bing-wei, JIA Shi-qi, XU Jian, JIN Xiao-wei Water Quality Evolution Characteristics and Pollution Factor Analysis in Poyang Lake from 2011 to 2019.
9. Singh SP, Singh P.Effect of temperature and light on the growth of algae species: A review[J].Renewable & Susta-inable Energy Reviews, 2015, 50:431-444
10. BAO Linlin, Ll Xuyong, SU Jingjun Phosphorus cycling and the associated ecological effects of eutrophication in damregulated rivers
11. Wang JY, Lin XZ. Global ocean governance in addressing plastic and microplastic pollution. Pacific Journal, 2018, 26 (4) :79-87.
12. Ll Wenhua, JIAN Minfei, YU Houping, ZHOU Longyin, LlU Shuli Characteristics of microplastic pollution and temporal-spatial distribution in the sediments of the five rivers in the Lake Poyang Basin.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.